At first I couldn't figure out why my pieces for this quilt weren't fitting together quite right, so I kind of set it aside and moved ahead with what became quilt #3. As I was squaring up the squares for #3 it hit me!!! I hadn't squared up the pieces for what would become #4!! I just cut them out, sewed them together and then sat dumbfounded trying to figure out what my problem was. I was not about to go taking apart all those squares once I stretched and squished them together so I figured, "What the heck, it's not meant to be perfect anyway, right?" Wrong! If the squares are off, then the borders don't fit correctly. If the body and borders aren't right then there's not much chance of the back going on smoothly. Needless to say, I DID end up having to pull out lines of quilting stitches because of ceaseless puckering. It would have been SO much easier to take out seams on the squares!! Live and learn....it is much 'hipper' (making me much happier) to be square to begin with.
So after much tribulation, I present quilt #4, puckers and all!!! p.s. don't tell my kids that these quilts aren't perfect...maybe they won't notice. After all, they still think I am perfect....hahahahahaha
| Yes, the border fabric has bears on it--figured it can be a camp quilt. |
No comments:
Post a Comment