Welcome to the wonderful and sometimes wacky world of the Bishop Family
Don't forget to feed the fish!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

#6 At Last!

So here it is, quilt Number 6--Zigzags. It feels really good to have them all done. Quite an accomplishment for me. Other than using all rail-fence squares instead of mostly triangles, the new techniques I tried were making the binding strip by marking cutting lines, sewing the fabric in a loop and cutting the strip in one long piece; and I also did the large outer border with mitered corners.  Now?....now, I need to get my sewing room/office back in shape.  Perhaps before I put all my scraps away, I'll stitch together a quilt for Rob and myself.  I've got a few ideas already, but I know there is no deadline on that one.                        
 As you can see, on the back I just made one big zigzag using the fabric from Rob's uniform pants.

As a reminder. here are all six quilts:







 And their backs:
 You can see that I still need to make and print the labels for 4 of them.  I guess that had better be my next project before I put these away.

No comments:

Post a Comment