Welcome to the wonderful and sometimes wacky world of the Bishop Family
Don't forget to feed the fish!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Blessed Event

     Little Sienna Pacheco was given a blessing by her father, Mike, on Sunday, August 12, 2012 in Springville, UT. Unfortunately, we (Rob, Daniel, Darion and I) we unable to make it back to Utah for the event.  However, our family was represented, not only by Anna and Aaron, who live in Utah and were able to attend, but also because Sienna wore the blessing dress I made for her. I was honored that Tabitha asked me to make it, and even more honored that Sienna wore it. You see, I made it from my wedding dress. You can see that the satin has yellowed a bit, but it seemed an appropriate use of a dress that would otherwise not have any use.  It was kind of sad to take scissors to my gown that I made nearly 30 years ago.

Mother love.





In the loving arms of Aunt Anna Bishop
The original wedding gown in 1983, now a blessing gown.

No comments:

Post a Comment